Sports, Therapeutic & Pregnancy Massage
Pain Relief, Improve Health, Aid Recovery
We offer a range of specialised body and massage treatments here at BATG with our resident Body Specialist Lauren Eastham. With a degree in Sports Rehabilitation, Massage & related therapeutic treatments. Lauren has worked with many clients including Grimsby Town Football Club, Gainsborough Trinity FC and City of Hull Academy Rugby Club and has treated a host of clients across a broad spectrum of treatments ranging from sports injury prevention, rehabilitation and management to reducing stress, improving sleep patterns and easing pain. Lauren has also provided therapeutic support for BUPA at the Great North Run.
Lauren has now widened her knowledge and skills to include pregnancy massage and various other body treatments to compliment her ever growing client base.
Sports massage is a specialised form of massage utilising various compression, stroking, frictional and deep tissue techniques to achieve a desired therapeutic effect based on individual client needs. Lauren's focus is on diagnosing the root cause of your pain, resolving that pain and getting you to full fitness as soon as possible. Her focus on results, pain free movement within the realms of prevention, treatment and rehabilitation ensures the best possible outcome for clients. Sports massage can help to improve lymphatic drainage, decrease muscle tone/tension, release trigger points and thickened soft tissues, helps to restore optimum tissue length, providing pain relief. Thus, potentially leading to improved recovery following exercise, improved athletic performance, and increased psychological well being.
One of the primary goals of therapeutic massage technique is to relax the entire body. This is accomplished by rubbing the muscles with long gliding strokes in the direction of blood returning to the heart. The techniques used in a therapeutic massage by Lauren are bespoke to each individual client and are exceptionally beneficial for increasing the level of oxygen in the blood, decreasing muscle toxins, improving circulation and flexibility while easing tension.
Initial Sports/Therapeutic Consultation - Assessment & Treatment - 60 minutes - £40
Sports/Therapeutic 30 Minute Treatment £27 - 60 Minute Treatment £40
Our Elemis based Pregnancy Massage is a healthy way to reduce stress and promote overall wellness, relieving many of the normal discomforts experienced during pregnancy, such as backaches, stiff neck, leg cramps, headaches and edema (or swelling). A gently nurturing, specially formulated massage for mothers-to-be that deeply relaxes.
‘Benefits that a mother may experience:
- Reduces swelling in hands, feet and ankles
- Lessens sciatic pain
- Eases muscular discomforts in areas like the low back & neck, calf cramps, it also helps with tension and tightening that can be experienced throughout the body
- Tones lose muscles relaxes tense muscles and can help increase flexibility.
- Helps with relaxation which in turn can decrease insomnia
- Increases blood and lymph flow which can help increase the elimination of toxins through the circulatory and lymphatic systems, this can also help with fatigue.
- Increases oxygen in the blood, sometimes on up to 10-15% after a massage.
- Strengthens the immune system
- Stimulates the release of endorphins, the body’s natural pain killers, into the brain and nervous system.
- Helps relieve anxiety or depression
- Helps increase blood circulation, which in turn delivers more oxygen and nutrients to the mother and baby.
- Can be used during the birth as well as after making both experiences easier and more comfortable
- Eases stress mothers often feel after the birth’
This treatment is designed specifically for mothers and mothers to be. The treatment is done in various positions and oils are chosen to soothe, calm and support mother and baby. The focus during a session is placed on comfort and assistance for a woman during this time of both beauty and challenge.
Pregnancy Massage 75 Minutes £50 - This includes a consultation, 60 minutes treatment time and resting/recovery time